Tips for Repairing & Replacing Garage Door Springs
There are some tips and tricks one should follow when repairing and replacing garage door springs. But if you call in for a garage door repair service in Bonita and in La Jolla that would be much better as it drastically decreases the chances of an injury. Things you might need are Adjustable wrench, clamps cordless drill hammer leather gloves, locking pliers rags safety glasses socket set, winding bars, wrench set. Materials you will be needing are lift cables, double-life torsion springs, bottom brackets.
- Apply twisting force to torsion spring to lift the heavy door. Drums at the ends of the tube act as reels, winding up the cables connected to the door.
- Clamp a locking pliers to the track just above rollers. This will prevent an injury from happening when you wind the new springs during an overhead garage door repair.
- Insert a winding bar into a bottom hole of the winding cone of the good spring. Hold the bar in place while you loosen the two setscrews.as the screws release. The spring will push with powerful torque, so be very careful when u loosen up the screws.
- Shove the second winding bar into the hole at 180 degrees Remove the bottom bar and unwind the spring a quarter turn at a time.
- Secure the torsion tube and disconnect the lift cables.
- Slide the torsion tube so that you can remove the old spring.
- Buy a replacement of old spring takes all the measures of it.
- Install the new spring and slide back the torsion tube.
- Connect the stationary cones to the bracket and install the new center bearing.
- Replace all the rusted and worn-out garage door cables and pulleys.
- Anchor the cable in the slot and thread the cables.
- Tighten the drums in such a way that both have equal tension.
- Wind the garage door tension springs and do keep in mind for spring supplier’s recommendation.
- Stretch the springs and lubricate them.
- Test the garage door if it is working properly.